[C320-list] Knotmeter knot working

Allan Field Allan.Field at comcast.net
Wed Nov 28 17:51:41 PST 2007

Bill - Sea Shadow's hull knotmeter has never seen water.  We have the
complete Raymarine SeaTalk instrument system including color chart plotter
so this gives us boat speed.  I believe that the only thing missing by not
having the knotmeter in is being able to read true wind but apparent wind
works for our needs as we don't race.  Where we are on the Chesapeake Bay,
the knotmeter on my old boat had to be cleaned every week.  Once I got GPS,
I never used the old knotmeter again either.

Allan S. Field
Sea Shadow - #808
Columbia, MD