[C320-list] Knotmeter knot working

Lamar Desmond ldesmond at comcast.net
Wed Nov 28 20:52:44 PST 2007

We have Raymarine Speed, Wind, GPS, Color Chart plotter (SL631); when the
paddle wheel is gunked-up and not spinning we don't get true wind speed or
direction.  I agree that it shouldn't be necessary but seems to be the case
with our setup; maybe due to an older GPS/Chart plotter.

We always put the plug in when leaving the boat for a few days; in Annapolis
I pull it even for an overnight.  We keep an old tooth brush (thanks to the
PO Joe the dentist)in the bilge next to it for cleaning.

Lamar Desmond
Blue Moon #358
Worton Creek, Md