[C320-list] Radar

Robert Seastream robert.seastream at comcast.net
Thu Nov 29 13:10:40 PST 2007

Many will say the higher, the better, as it generally gives greater
range.  Where radar is concerned, higher also means increased
probability of missing objects closer in, due to overshoot.  So,
there's a tradeoff involved.  I'd go with the mast mount first,
backstay second, transom third, all with regard to less stuff in the
way of the 'view' of the radar.  With regard to ease of wiring, I'd
forget the mast mount and consider the second two.

Bob Seastream
'Intuition' # 906