[C320-list] Xantrex charger - battery bank setup with start battery

sholdr at aol.com sholdr at aol.com
Tue Oct 16 07:44:39 PDT 2007

Am changing to Xantrex charger and replacing my 2? 4D house batteries and adding a start battery -- It seems since the Xantrex has 3 channels it would be best to charge each battery separately but combine the house batteries (Position 2)?(automatically if possible) when in use keeping the start battery separate(Position 1) except in an emergency (Both).? We are on a lake, overnight occasionally, no A/C, when at dock run the Refer on shore power.? Is it possible/necessary/preferable to separately charge the 2 house batteries or is this more trouble than it's worth?

Thanks

Phil Hansen
Camelot #322