[C320-list] flyback 20 charger

Allan Field Allan.Field at comcast.net
Tue Oct 2 02:41:10 PDT 2007

Peter - The Flyback charger is state-of-the-art-technology 1980's.  If I
bought a boat today and knew it had the Flyback, that would be the very
first thing I changed out.  The newer charges are 3-stage and don't cook the
batteries like the Flyback does.  I would highly recommend deep sixing the
Flyback and get into the 21st century!  I also have a 2001 model and went
through 2 of the Flyback's in one year before changing to the Xantrex with
no problems since and my charger runs at the dock 24/7 from the end of March
through the end of November to power the fridge 24/7.

Allan S. Field
Sea Shadow - #808
Columbia, MD