[C320-list] Dropping water temperature

bruceheyman at cox.net bruceheyman at cox.net
Mon Oct 8 12:40:59 PDT 2007

John,
I think that is true as it improves the efficency of the engine and the burn is more complete.  However raw water cooled deisels engines run cooler with thermostats that typically start to open at 145 and are fully open by 165.
I crew on the tall ship Pilgrim and we have a 1945 300 horse (three cylinder) two cycle deisel that brings a whole new meaning to vibration.  We've never been able to get the engine over 130 deg.
Bruce
Somerset 671 Socal

Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T