[C320-list] Clanging in-mast furling after removing mainsail for winter

Jeffrey Hare Catalina at thehares.com
Wed Oct 10 05:56:48 PDT 2007

Hi,

One way is to take a strip of carpet (roughly: ~20" x ~12" ?) looped around
the furler. Leave both ends sticking out the slot, tied or taped together.

Push it ~15' or so up the mast using a pole or halyard.  Keep a downhaul
line on it so you can pull
it back down in the spring.  That should dampen the banging, but experiment
a little.

-Jeff