[C320-list] Fiber glass plate behind wood panel in bow berth

Joseph A Tamucci jtamucci at comcast.net
Mon Oct 22 08:28:58 PDT 2007

Sorry that's the port side, not starboard. I've had water getting in the
port side of the boat and have tracked one leak that is coming in at the
shelf in the bow (port side) berth area.  The water then drips down
underneath the forward berth cushion and continues into the main cabinet
settee.  In the forward berth I took the front wooden panel off and behind
it is a fiberglass panel that is part of the deck mold but just hangs down
and is not supported on the bottom.  It looks like the water tank vent house
is directly above where the water is dripping down to the bottom lip of this
fiberglass panel and then to the shelf.  The hose seem sto be attached to
the vent fitting that goes into the anchor locker but unless I saw away this
fiberglass panel I can't get at it.

I think Jeff Hare or somwone else on the website talked about this
fiberglass panel in the past and removed it to make more space?

Can I just saw away this panel????

@nd question.  The side Lewar hatchs (ones that open) in the main cabin are
leaking between the window itself and the rubber gasket.  I've  made sure
they dog down tightly but they still leak.  The rubber gaskets are not torn.
Can the rubber gaskets be treated with something or can just the gaskets be
replaced??

Joe Tamucci  Andante  #619