[C320-list] packing gland & listing to port

Scott Thompson sthompson at toad.net
Mon Oct 22 19:46:53 PDT 2007

Better still, leave it out.  Who needs the thing for day sailing?  I
only install my speed transducer when I'm going to be sailing for more
than a day.  The only thing it seems to be useful for is to help the
wind instrument to estimate true wind velocity.  Otherwise, my handheld
GPS does the trick if I need to estimate speed, and most of the time I
leave that in the chart table.  Maybe if I sailed in waters with big
currents and not much marine growth on the bottom I'd feel otherwise.