[C320-list] packing gland & listing to port

Jeff Church jjemail at comcast.net
Mon Oct 22 20:20:28 PDT 2007

Larry,

The mast, halyard and toe rail create an obtuse triangle, not a right triangle. For the purposes of this exercise you could create a right triangle by moving the measuring point up to the height of the mast base instead of the toe rail. Then you could try to compute the amount that you need to lengthen the long leg an acute triangle in order to create a right triangle. Unfortunately I don't think the Pythagorean Theorem will solve that problem. In any case, I settled on about 1/2" to 3/4". Maybe I just imagined that it cured the port list. More likely Orlando was right and there never was a port list.

JeffC