[C320-list] Backing into slip

Jeffrey Hare Catalina at thehares.com
Tue Oct 30 07:01:15 PDT 2007

Oh, how easy it would be if we all had slips just like Adam's.
Unfortunately, slips come in all kinds of configurations.  :)

Re: #1 Marina conditions frequently determine how you "park".  :)
30% of the slips in my marina require back-in approach due to water
currents.

I also come in slowly enough to make the dock hands start to pace when
possible.
That's good advice, but you have to have enough speed to maintain steerage
to counter wind and currents, which isn't always as slowly as you'd like.

It's "docking" when I dock it.  It's "parking" when my wife docks it.
Occasionally we call it "Crashing".
After all, whoever has the helm chooses the terms.

-Cheers
-J