[C320-list] Backing Into The Slip

Wed Oct 31 09:21:46 PDT 2007

Although I didn't actually hit anything, my 165-point turn into my slip at Channel Islands Harbor soon after getting my CM440 was an entertaining event for all that were there that Sunday afternoon...

cl 3
----------------------------------
Regards,
OD

From: Crosby Roper [vmdatsea at hotmail.com]
Sent: 10/31/2007 09:15 AM
To: C320-List <c320-list at catalina320.com>
Subject: Re: [C320-list] Backing Into The Slip

Randy

I can't believe that no one in this venerable group had the compassion for a new owner to provide at least one embarrassing docking tale!!!! OK, I'll bite. A brief outline- Beautiful Sunday late afternoon, San diego Yacht Club, enormous wedding party on the lawn 30 yards from our slip. Strong cross breeze, too much headway, loud crunching sounds, anchor firmly inserted into top of fiberglass dock box which then pulled off dock as I tried to reposition boat. Standing ovation from wedding party. What else can you do but take a bow.... I hope you never top that one, but if you do we all want a full written account!! Good luck!

Crosby Roper VMD
Thethys # 1054