[C320-list] Bilge Spaces

Jane & Ken obuoy4848 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Sep 10 05:50:41 PDT 2007

Gary and Al,  the first several hundred 320's built did not really have a "bilge" and there is space between the twolayers of fiberglass which allows water to collect and eventually that water finds its way into the hollow structual members where it cannot escape.  The factory answer to this design flaw is to drill holes, vac the water out and plug the holes (then hope no more water gets in??).  There are many pics on the web--or used to be--  I just raise the bow with a lifting strap, place all the weight (friends) I can in the aft cockpit, give them a beer and vac any water I have collected.  I enlarged the inspection hole to 10 inches for easier access.  I bought the boat new and have enjoyed sailing her and adding things as the years went by.   Regards,  Ken & Jane Cathey  O'BUOY  #219

alahlm at comcast.net wrote:  Gary
I had the same problem with water collecting in the same spot I added a 6" inspection plate under the ladder to access the area and keep it dry -- there should be some pics on the web site

al ahlman

From: "Gary Magnuson"