[C320-list] Bilge Spaces

Karl Krueger smoothsail282 at sbcglobal.net
Wed Sep 12 12:31:41 PDT 2007

Hello All:

  The bilge change over was more like hull number #220's or 230's.  I have hull #282 which is the deeper bilge.

  Karl (Kindred Spirit #282)

David J Gleason <djgleason1 at juno.com> wrote:
  Gary:

Welcome to the shallow bilge club. I believe it was around hull #328
that Catalina wised up and changed the arrangement. On our boat, I
drilled a 5/8" hole in the cross stringer just aft of the bilge pump. I
connect a 1 gallon wet/dry vac to a piece of rigid plastic tubing (3/8" I
believe) and pump the water out. This has been working and avoids the
need to cut the floor for an inspection plate.

Dave Gleason
Proud Mary, #150