[C320-list] Call For C320 Pricing Help

donauw at bellsouth.net donauw at bellsouth.net
Thu Sep 13 08:21:07 PDT 2007

Re: Price comparisons between Catalina and Beneteau.

I have noted that when comparing boats of similar age and size, the hardware on the Beneteaus seems to be, in general, about a size or two smaller (i.e. primary and genoa winches, travelers, vangs, furling, etc.).  I suspect that this accounts for much of the pricing difference (in some cases up to $500 per winch, for example).  This seems to carry over to smaller items as well (i.e. door latches, trim fittings, etc).  Makes the comparison sort of "apples to oranges."

Regards,

Don Dixon
Stargazer Hull  605
Washington Island, WI