[C320-list] Darn Birds...

Dave Rabinowitz dbrabin at gmail.com
Sat Sep 15 06:43:35 PDT 2007

ah yes..the birds....i use stainless spikes on the spreaders.  If you keep
them "groomed" vertically, there doesn't seem to be a sail issue.  I have
used plastic spikes, but after a few years, they seem to get brittle and
break off.  some of the steel spikes might break, but that doesn't seem to
be a major problem.  be careful though, they are sharp!

I've seen folks use monofilament line between the mast and the spreader, but
I've also seen cormorants sit on those lines, too.

good luck!
dave
"Wind Chill"