[C320-list] Voids under the deck

David Nolte dcnolte at mac.com
Thu Sep 20 06:01:28 PDT 2007

Adam,

I am curious and would be interested to hear your reasons for
possibly moving to a Gemini 105 MkII.

They are great boats, with nice space, and are made near here in
Annapolis, so we see alot of them on the water. I know a few folks
who own them, and they do like them. Their shallow draft makes them
popular here on Chesapeake Bay.

It was the other boat I considered when we decided to make the move
to a cruiser. I come from a catamaran background, sailing and racing
beach cats. So I jumped from a cat to a Catalina. I still hop on my
Hobie 16 when there are small craft warnings and am never happier
than when I'm kissing 20 knots out on the trapeze.

However, I chose the monohull for the sailing experience. The
heeling, the feedback from the boat, and mainly the wind in your
face. I'm not sure you get all that seated behind a wheel in a hard
covered cockpit on a boat that stays level. And from your postings,
it's obvious that you love to sail, and I'm sure where you are you
get plenty of heel and wind in your face.

Just curious,

David Nolte
Beach House #4