[C320-list] C320IA Regatta 2008: Update Info

Warren Updike wupdike at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 4 20:28:02 PDT 2008

Hookay, we're not yet ready to accept Regatta registrations as our Regatta '08 web site is still under construction and moving forward.  At the top of Karl's invitation on the home page of www.catalina320.com is a link to the home page of the Regatta web site.  There you can click to the Hotel and Marina web pages and there are links to the hotel and marina web sites.  From these pages, you can make your reservations even before you complete the Regatta registration.  As soon as the budget is approved, we'll have all the other details available for you.

>From the DoubleTree Hotel page on the Regatta web site you can link to our own C320 Group page at the hotel from whence you may make your hotel reservations at the very attractive price of $139/day at the DoubleTree Annapolis Hotel.  This price is good for 3 days before Aug 1, and 3 after Aug 3 so if you are planning on coming early and/or staying longer, this is a great central location for your plans to visit Washington DC, Baltimore, Virginia, or the Eastern Shore.  Typical rates for the area will be $150 to over $200, so take advantage of it.  Also, on Sunday, the hotel is offering a 50% discount on their Sunday Brunch in the Ports of Call Restaurant right there at the hotel for all attendees even if you are not staying at this hotel.  Now that's a deal!  The hotel is a Hilton property with all the amenities including outdoor pool, outdoor dining, and bar/lounge for the after-events wind-down.  On the Regatta/DoubleTree Hotel web page, you'll find all the details including info on transportation from local airports to the hotel.  Make your reservations early.  The special C320 price holds until July 1.

The Port Annapolis Marina, on Back Creek is the center for the Regatta functions.  The "Marina Page" has a link to the marina's web site where you have lots of pictures and details about the amenities offered.  They have a pavilion where we'll gather on Friday afternoon and on Saturday before the water events.  The contact info is there as well, so if you are planning to bring your boat, you'll want to make your reservations as soon as possible.  Today is not too soon.

Here is a web site for Annapolis visitors: www.visitannapolis.org  This web site has just recently been revamped as your Regatta Committee was at the Visitor's Center the very day they announced the "new" web site.  >From here you can find all kinds of stuff about Annapolis.  We recommend you consider one of the guided tours.  One version of the tour includes the US Naval Academy Chapel.  If you are interested in spending more time touring the Academy, go to http://www.navyonline.com/ for details about the tours by the Academy itself.

Centered on the hills above the downtown and port area are two circles with roads radiating out like spokes of a wheel.  Church Circle is, well, of course, a church, a very old church.  The other is State Circle containing the current Maryland Legislature.  It is the oldest continually operating state house in the US.  Talk about history?  Annapolis is history.

Need more information not on the Regatta web site, or some other help?  E-mail Bruce or Warren at C320Regatta08 at comcast.net.

Now, get busy and get those plans in motion.

Warren & Pattie Updike
C320, #62, 1994, "Warr De Mar"
Frog Mortar Creek, Middle River
Chesapeake Bay