[C320-list] Reefing System

Henry LeSieur hankles at sbcglobal.net
Wed Apr 23 12:50:41 PDT 2008

We had the opportunity to reef the main this past weekend. Later in the afternoon the wind lightened up and we tried to shake out the reef. I had to hand feed the reefing line into the forward end of the boom and then return to the cockpit to winch the main up. I think it would operate much more efficiently if the block located in the boom was removed. Has anyone modified or changed their reefing system to a continuous line system? Also, there is a small blue line (wrapped around the gooseneck) that is attached to the internal block. Apparently, it moves the block fore and aft. What is it's purpose? Should it be tied off to stabilize or center the block in a certain position?

  Thanks, in advance, for your input.

  Hank LeSieur
  Camelot #331