[C320-list] A couple wins

Dave Anderer danderer at udel.edu
Fri Apr 25 06:04:12 PDT 2008

I got lucky over the past week and actually won a couple battles.
Just for the record:

- My AP didn't come out of winter storage all that well - it would
only show a couple discrete compass headings on the display (46 or 234
or..).  Suspecting the AP compass was hung up, I pulled up the sole
and gave the compass a couple raps with the blunt end of a
screwdriver.  I must have scared it - it started working again.

- The plastic windows on my dodger were replaced by the PO about 3
years ago, and looked great initially, but have fogged up over time -
mostly on the inside.  The only place still real clear was a strip
where my hand rubbed against the plastic when grinding the winches.
Tried everything I could think of within reason to clean them -
without success.

Found a reference to a product called Novus Polish (http://www.novuspolish.com/
).  Tried their #2 polish followed up by the #1 and it worked like a
champ.  The plastic in the dodger is clear again and looks like new.

(I keep saying "plastic" - don't know what it is, but am fairly sure
is isn't anything high-end like Stratoglass.)