[C320-list] Remote oil filter

Jeff Church jjemail at comcast.net
Wed Apr 2 17:09:09 PDT 2008

Tim,

You don't need to move the filter. You can avoid the mess by fashioning a trough out of aluminum foil. Slide the trough under the filter and up against the engine block. Make a pan out of foil and place it on the sole under the end of the trough. As long as you are careful about the placement of these items, all the oil that escapes the filter will run down the trough and into the pan. I've done this about a dozen times with excellent results.

JeffC