[C320-list] Third H20 tank frame

Bruce Stanley brucestanley36 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 3 20:03:55 PDT 2008

Hi Bob

Regarding the 'finished' surface on the inside of the Hulls:
yes, as Brian H has stated it is finishing coat to the F/glass and is called
Flowcoat in Australia.
On C320 #1084 hull, this flowcoat has 'cured/dried' in all but a few cases.

As Jeff H has stated it has to be removed prior to fastening load bearing
items to the hull.

The point I wish to add, is that I suggest against sanding it off!
Too dusty and you could cut into the f/glass.

I purchased a HEAVY-DUTY SCRAPER.
See WestMarine page 313.
This easily scrapped off the Flowcoat and then I F/gassed the bearers in
place.
Note the Bearers were "treated" timber.

Hope this helps.
Bruce Stanley Sydney Aust