[C320-list] Auto-Prop Issues

Jon Vez jonvez at comcast.net
Sun Apr 6 10:08:56 PDT 2008

Yes...I am going through this right now. Didn't realize there are different
sizes depending on the Transmission gear ratio for the 320. I've had a
series of conversations with Steve Armitage (sp) since last year. To date, I
have done some sea trials based on a sheet they provided me and plan on
repeating them in the Spring when the bottom is clean. Unfortunately, my
guess is they will not be able to do anything short of swapping out the
blades which I am not willing to do given the expense of the prop in the
first place. That means living with not being able to drive my engine at the
recommended 70% of full throttle. I get the same speed etc but at lower
RPM's so the engine doesn't get to run as hard as it should. Therefore I
keep a very close eye on carbon buildup in the exhaust and mixing elbow. If
anyone else with this problem has found a good solution I would also be
interested in hearing from you.

Regards,

Jon Vez
Solstice #582