[C320-list] Exhuast Water Problem Aqua lift muffler

Jon Vez jonvez at comcast.net
Mon Apr 7 05:12:59 PDT 2008

Jim,

Can you determine whether the water you are finding in the muffler is 'new'.
Risidual water remains in the water, especially when engaging the starter. I
can't comment on whether the muffler is the problem--although it is a *dumb*
device and if the exhaust is getting out, then there is at least some open
pathway out the boat. Another health concern by the way would be Carbon
Monoxide escaping if there is a leak somewhere. The other thing you may want
to check is the heat exchanger. If this is clogged with salt, calcium or old
impeller blades it may be causing your problem...

Regards,

Jon Vez
Solstice #582