[C320-list] Another remote VHF question--

Bob and Karen Eichelberger bobnkaren1 at verizon.net
Tue Apr 8 10:05:19 PDT 2008

I bought the West Marine version last year and have been very happy with it.
The remote mic/receiver will work for about 18-24 hours on a charge and
takes about 8-10 hours of 110 current to fully charge it.  It will also work
on 3 AAA batteries, but I am not sure for how long.  When we were cruising
last summer, it recharged well on a small inverter when we weren't connected
to shore power.  The one I bought did not have a mounting bracket, other
than a belt clip, so I had to be a little creative and buy a bracket ($1-2)
which I then mounted below the LP tank lid (I didn't want to drill holes in
the instrument panel and then have to reach through, or around, the wheel to
use the radio).

Hope that helps.  It sure was nice not to have to run wires.

Bob Eichelberger
Second Wind,  #67
Muskegon, MI