[C320-list] Battery Help / Confused ?

BAdams3491 at aol.com BAdams3491 at aol.com
Mon Apr 21 12:29:40 PDT 2008

Part of the problem is the 12.4 volts...that's about 75% capacity.

Bert
At Ease

In a message dated 4/21/2008 7:27:21 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
jabbagna at gmail.com writes:

Hi

I have a 1999 320 Hull 574, I bought the boat from the  original owner.
It has 2 Batteries , NO Dedicated start battery. So I am  pretty confident
the wiring is original from the factory. Both batteries  are reading
about 12.4 volts but I have no way to load test them. My  problem has
me confused.

1)  Select battery 1 Engine starts but  no other accessories will work.
If I turn on the map  light it comes on at less than half light
than fades off after a second or  so
to no light at all. Almost looks like  a  feed back condition
through the light.

2) Select Battery 2 Engine  will NOTt start,  but all the Accessories
will work when powered  on.

3)  Select ALL and Engine starts all Accessories  work.

Do I have a bad Battery, or possibly a Bad selector  switch.

Joe

listings at AOL Autos.