[C320-list] Battery Help / Confused ?

BAdams3491 at aol.com BAdams3491 at aol.com
Mon Apr 21 15:33:13 PDT 2008

Good advice.

Bert
At Ease

In a message dated 4/21/2008 5:10:53 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
Orlando.Duran at AveryDennison.com writes:

If this  is your first experience with deep cycle batteries (or 12V systems
on a  boat), go to www.amazon.com and order this book, it's an invaluable
source  of information on the subject.

Boatowner's Mechanical &  Electrical Manual: How to Maintain, Repair, and
Improve Your Boat's  Essential Systems (Hardcover)
by Nigel Calder  (Author)

"Joe Abbagnaro"
<jabbagna at gmail.
com>           To
Sent by:    C320-List at catalina320.com
c320-list-bounce        cc
s at lists.catalina
320.com              Subject
Re: [C320-list] Battery Help /
Confused  ?
04/21/2008  03:05
PM

Please respond
C320-List at Catali
na320.com

Bert

Why do you say the battery is 75%  discharged.?
A 12 volt battery at rest I thought usually displays 12.2 -  12.4 volts
when not being charged, while being chrarged it is usually 14 +  volts
and shorly after being charged   13+ volts and will  eventually
stabalize to 12.2 - 12.4.

This is my first experience  with deep cycle batteries so if I am wrong
than let me  know.

Thanks

Joe

Bob

The batteries are not  orginals one was replced in 2005 and one in 2006,
The chrger is the  original a Flyback Promariner that makes a lot of noise,
which might need  to be replaced.

Joe

On Mon, Apr 21, 2008 at 4:02 PM, Robert  Seastream
<robert.seastream at comcast.net> wrote:
> And if the  batteries are originals, depending on their care and feeding
> under the  PO, it may be time for replacement.
>
>  Bob  Seastream
>  Intuition # 906
>

>   On Apr 21, 2008, at 3:29 PM, BAdams3491 at aol.com wrote:
>

>  > Part of the problem is the 12.4 volts...that's about 75%  capacity.
> >
> > Bert
> > At Ease
> >

> > In a message dated 4/21/2008  7:27:21 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
> > jabbagna at gmail.com  writes:
> >
> > Hi
> >
> > I have a 1999  320 Hull 574, I bought the boat from the  original
owner.
> >  It has 2 Batteries , NO Dedicated start battery. So I am   pretty
confident
> > the wiring is original from the factory. Both  batteries  are reading
> > about 12.4 volts but I have no way to  load test them. My  problem has
> > me confused.
>  >
> > 1)  Select battery 1 Engine starts but  no other  accessories will
work.
> > If I turn on the map  light it  comes on at less than half light
> > than fades off after a second  or  so
> > to no light at all. Almost looks like  a   feed back condition
> > through the light.
> >
> >  2) Select Battery 2 Engine  will NOTt start,  but all the  Accessories
> > will work when powered  on.
> >
>  > 3)  Select ALL and Engine starts all Accessories  work.
>  >
> > Do I have a bad Battery, or possibly a Bad selector   switch.
> >
> > Joe
> >

>  >

> > **************Need a new ride?  Check out the largest site for U.S.
used
> car
> > listings  at AOL Autos.
> >  (http://autos.aol.com/used?NCID=aolcmp00300000002851)
>  >

The  information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to
which it  is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material.
Any  review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any
action  in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the
contact the sender and delete the material from any  computer.

listings at AOL Autos.