[C320-list] Chargers...still!

Jon Vez jonvez at comcast.net
Tue Apr 22 16:59:54 PDT 2008

Brian,

I have the 20 amp Xantrex. Many on the list have gone with the 40. I find
the 20 to be just fine as I am in a slip with shore power. The installation
is not quite a drop in replacement. The footprint is different and you will
have to install a board to accommodate it. The connecters are also different
and you will have to either put a bus bar in to go from the bigger wire
coming from the boat to the smaller (I believe 8 gauge but could be 6)
needed to go into the charger.

If you're interested, I would be happy to send you my Promariner for the
cost of shipping. Mine was working fine when I took it out of the boat, but
when I went with the new AGM's I did not want to chance it going bad so I
swapped out the charger at that time. This may be an inexpensive short term
option--if interested you're welcome to it...

Regards,

Jon Vez
Solstice #582