[C320-list] Battery Help / Confused ?

Monte B. mjbc60 at sbcglobal.net
Fri Apr 25 09:44:36 PDT 2008

Joe,

Yes. If the batteries are strong enough to turn the engine over with the
compression releases activated you can start the engine. If there is enough
to get the engine started then there should be enough for alternator field
excitation and you will also be able to charge your batteries. A dedicated
start battery gets around this issue, though I don't have one and have never
had to use the compression release technique so I can't tell you what is
enough voltagewise. Be sure the fuel cut off is not pulled before you use
the last of those batteries. Happy starting!

Monte
Laima #620