[C320-list] Raritan PHII Question

Amirault Family - S&B amiraults at sympatico.ca
Fri Apr 25 16:08:41 PDT 2008

Jon:

There is one compact model and TWO with handles. The two handled models look
very much alike, with the difference being that one features a "marine"
sized bowl and the other a "home " sized bowl. I had wanted the home size,
but another site member stated that when he replaced his original with a
PHII that there was just room enough in the space provided to fit it, and he
was certain that the home sized model would not have fit.

Based on the above, I bought the PHII marine.

Good luck.

In unrelated news, the installation of the Kiwi prop resulted in the center
retaining nut tightening to a bit above flush with the propeller boss. I
contacted the vendor to confirm that this was fine, and his response was
that the installation was wrong because either (a) the key is jammed in the
keyway preventing the prop from truly fitting fully on the taper of the
shaft or (b) the threaded portion of the shaft is too long for the nut and
the former needs to be shortened. Either way I need to dismount the Kiwi and
solve the problem.

Brian Amirault

797 Waltzing Bear, too