[C320-list] Blacck Soot in engine compartment

joe at dolphinmortgage.com joe at dolphinmortgage.com
Sun Aug 10 07:07:37 PDT 2008

I found the source Yesterday and it was the exhaust elbow. Chocked full of black carbon. The elbow looked like hard metal but here it joined the manifold it felt like pudding. I did replace the hose leading from it to the muffler as we wrecked it getting it off the elbow but for $15 at WM worth it for a new one. Question, where is the cheapest place to get a new elbow for the Yanmar 3GM30F? We have a local Marina that is a Yanmar dealer but they are probably expensive. It was not stainless and had no heatshield wrapping so I think it's a Yanmar part. Any ideas on where I can get a good price?
Joe Barrett