[C320-list] Auto-prop and Mixing Valve Elbow

niedobre at aol.com niedobre at aol.com
Fri Aug 22 07:23:23 PDT 2008

Just had to replace my mixing valve elbow.? It was 75% clogged.? I showed it to the technician at the Yanmar dealer and he immediately said I was over pitched.? I did not tell him anything about having a prop other than standard,? The engine was running perfect for two weeks in the Abacos.? As we started to cross the Gulfstream to come home I could only get 2800 rpms.? Before the trip I had changed back to the original prop that would give me 3600 rpms.? It happened very suddenly.? My engine has 985 hours.? FYI.....
Gil
s/v Amara 731