[C320-list] Autohelm Crazy Ivan

Monte B. mjbc60 at sbcglobal.net
Sun Aug 3 14:36:35 PDT 2008

Hi All,

Pat discovered the other secret to a wandering autopilot. The steering
cables play a large part in the functionality of the AP. If you can move the
wheel more than an inch or so without an appropriate rudder response you
need to tighten the cables. They stretch with age so take out the slack and
the AP will not have to hunt for the rudder position. The reference sensor
is the icing on the cake for good course keeping with the autopilot.

Monte
Laima #620