[C320-list] 3GM30F Oil Filters

Rod Boer rod.boer1 at verizon.net
Tue Aug 5 15:35:52 PDT 2008

Hi Karl,

When I first purchased Odyssey I went out and purchased (10) FRAM PH3593A
filters but before I used any I noted that the engine warranty was void with
any other filter besides the Yanmar.  So I did some general research and
heard some very negative comments regarding the FRAM filters.  My marina is
an authorized Yanmar dealer and the price in the store for a new 3GM30F was
over $7K at that time and there would be a minimum of several thousands of
dollars more for the labor to replace it.  It doesn't make sense to even
risk damaging an item that is worth that much for something that has a price
differential of less than $5.

Rod