[C320-list] Engine alignment

Larry Frank WindSwept at stx.rr.com
Fri Aug 8 16:30:55 PDT 2008

Chuck,

I haven't experienced the problem you are having but have done enough
alignments to know exactly what you are talking about.

Be sure to check that the shaft is centered in the stern tube (shaft log).
With the coupling disconnected and separated about 1/4 -1/2 inch you can
move the shaft athwartships until it hits the sides of the log and tell if
it is centered.  It may be that you are trying to align the engine to a
shaft that is not positioned correctly.

If this is not the problem another option would be to extend the slots on
the slotted plate if there is room rather than try to move the hole over a
little in the engine beds.

Larry
WindSwept C320 #246