[C320-list] Kanzaki transmission.

Scott Thompson sthompson at toad.net
Sun Aug 24 10:02:23 PDT 2008

Have you checked to make sure that this is not a problem with linkage
adjustment?  You could get this problem if something is loose, or has
moved or slipped or bent in the cable attachment points or shift levers
at either end.  My impression is that the transmission itself is very
robust.  To find out whether the linkage is causing trouble, you might
try disconnecting the cable at the engine and try shifting it by hand
down below to see if the "sluggishness" disappears.  Obviously don't try
this while you are under way, unless someone else is on the helm.