[C320-list] Return of the Freshwater leak...

Bernie Garrett berniegarrett at telus.net
Mon Dec 1 20:20:20 PST 2008

Hi folks,

Think I have found the culprit! I have a very poor seal on the cockpit
emergency tiller deck plate cover, and water seems to be getting in there
and the trickling down under the rear berths and into the bilge. It does
rain "a tad" here and that seems to be where it is getting in. Water heater
is a year old and so far seems not to have suffered the usual overflow leak
issues, but think I'll keep an eye on it. Thanks a million for the helpful
advice, I also plan to do a careful overall inspection of those other
sources too in my quest to dry out the boat.

Also anyone ever drained the Perkins fresh water coolant system. I am
pondering this as I don't know when it was last done, and I am also thinking
of inspecting the heat exchanger. Everyone I have spoken too says it is a
majorly messy job L

Happy Sailing all!
Bernie
Antares