[C320-list] alternator upgrade

Bruce Stanley brucestanley36 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 2 03:29:46 PST 2008

Hi John
I bought an 80amp Hitach Alternator.
It fitted straight on with literally no adjustments at the 3YM30 engine.
You have to adjust the Tachometer as it will read many hundreds of RPMs
faster with a bigger Alt.
I also fitted a British ADVERC smart reg. and a 3rd Starting Battery.
Balmar make highly recommend products. I just chose to stay with the
procedure above.

Bruce Stanley C320 #1084
Sydney Australia