[C320-list] Adler Barbour Compressor Base replacement?

amshd2 at aol.com amshd2 at aol.com
Tue Dec 9 16:43:48 PST 2008

Martin

I had the same problem about 4 years ago.?? I searched around and found out that Adler Barbour does not sell the base for the older unit.? So I made my own base out of marine plywood (the plastic like stuff).? A boat mechanic told me that the marine plywood is the same stuff they make cutting boards out of and to go to bed bath and beyound.?

So I took a couple of measurements and went to bed bath and beyond and picked up one of those white plastic like cutting boards.I spent about $15.00 and? saved about $30.00.? ?I cut it down to size and used the old base as a template for the mounting holes.? I also made four legs out of scrap so air could circulate under the base as well.?? I used new SS hardware and 4200 to mount everything.?The only challenge was building the piece to?mount the control board and fan.

It has been working great ever since.

Tony #30