[C320-list] Whisker Pole Length

warren updike wupdike at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 11 15:44:56 PST 2008

I have a 12' pole I use with a 150% jib. I rarely use all 12 feet.

I'm using the pole mostly on downwind runs while wing'n'wing. It holds the
jib out nicely and is easy to deploy and retireve. I also rig a preventer on
the main as a precaution. I've had days where I've run N or S on the
Chesapeake Bay for hours with this rig. Well worth the investment.

Warren & Pattie Updike
Catalina 320, #62, "Warr De Mar"
Middle River, Chesapeake Bay