[C320-list] Rudder Reference Unit

Allan S. Field allan.field at verizon.net
Fri Dec 12 03:04:49 PST 2008

Bill - "Catalina Cocktail"?!?! - Allan

-----Original Message-----
From: c320-list-bounces at lists.catalina320.com
[mailto:c320-list-bounces at lists.catalina320.com] On Behalf Of Bill MacRae
Sent: Thursday, December 11, 2008 11:10 AM
To: c320-list at catalina320.com
Subject: Re: [C320-list] Rudder Reference Unit

Bruce,

You have to go into the user settings and change the "WHEEL" setting to
"TILLER" and back to "WHEEL" again to recognize the sensor.  This is not in
the manual but it works.  You also have to change the setting from "STEER"
to "RUDDER"; this allows you to see the rudder position across the bottom of
the control head.

There is something in the manual about a dockside check or calibration of
the rudder that should be done as well.

See your manual for instructions on how to change the settings.  If you do
not have a manual, you can download the manual from raymarine.com.

While you are changing the setting, be sure that you have the "Catalina
Cocktail" setting:

Change the Rudder Gain to 2Change the Auto Trim to 2Change the Response to
2Change the Drive Type to 2

This worked well for me, not perfect but a great improvement.

Bill

> Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2008 20:07:43 +1100> From: brucestanley36 at gmail.com> To:
c320-list at catalina320.org> Subject: [C320-list] Rudder Reference Unit> > I
have a Autohelm 4000+ and it swings up to 20 degrees from one side to the>
other.> How can I tell if the INSTALLED Rudder Reference Unit is getting the
message> back to the 4000?> > thanks> Bruce Stanley C320 #1084> Sydney