[C320-list] solar panel

warren updike wupdike at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 17 13:32:29 PST 2008

On the solar panel topic, there is, apparently, thin film solar "paper" in
the works. Check-out nanosolar.com. They have a process that allows the
"printing" of a thin film "ink" on a wafer substrate that is quite flexible.
I wonder if this would work as a sail cover: throw it on, secure it, plug it
in and you're in business; or, a layer on the top of a bimini that can be
folded up. Interesting.

"Based on our cell and product design innovations, Nanosolar is capable of
delivering high-power solar panels with 5-10 times higher current than other
thin-film solar panels on the market today."

Don't get your hopes up too soon. They say all their production for the next
12 months is taken. Better products through technology. (Who said that?)

Warren & Pattie Updike
Catalina 320, #62, "Warr De Mar"
Middle River, Chesapeake Bay