[C320-list] cooling water system

Monte B. mjbc60 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Dec 22 09:50:40 PST 2008

Very good raw water/exhaust side cooling check list Dave. I would agree that
all symptoms point to a raw water side restriction. The exhaust elbow has
been much discussed and led me to pull mine from a 3GM30 at 750 hrs. It was
heavily coked, somewhat restricted but not blocked. The sudden onset of the
problem would lead me to look for a foreign object in the system that would
restrict or block raw water flow which could be anywhere from the beginning
to the end. I believe I would start at the water inlet and confirm flow to
the pump and then downstream from there. Of course it will be the last place
you look but at least you will have an orderly troubleshooting flow and if
the fix is the last place you look you will have brought the entire system
up to snuff.

Monte
Laima #620