[C320-list] Kiwi Prop

Bruce Stanley brucestanley36 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 9 00:16:50 PST 2008

Hi Brian

Regarding the Kiwi Feathering Prop:
1) I use and need the Kiwi Prop to reverse into our Pen/Slip. Unlike the
fixed 3 bladder, it eliminates Prop Walk. It also gives amazing power in
reverse (read Full). In short these benefits make reversing into a Slip *
very* much easier.

2) Under-Sail-Feathering-Benefits: it feels good, but I have no means to
honestly give a comparison. I do believe it works and trust in it's design
... *more so as we are shaft driven*, and do not have the Leg configuration
(thank goodness).

3) Installation. I have removed and installed mine a few times. The biggest
problem you are likely to have is in Removing the Fixed Prop. A Prop Puller
is a tool you should use. They are not easily available. In that case (as
was my situation) I used a 2lb hammer and a block of wood. I would give it a
nudging light tap, then rotate the hub 1/3rd, and repeat ...this did the
trick. The block of wood took up most of the light impact and avoided
damaging the prop and bending the shaft. The Manual is a Must Read ... but
it is always comforting to talk to those who have been there before.

LASTLY: the blades must be handled with care (the Manual mentions this). I
somehow got mine out of 22degrees. This caused vibration problems. I have
had this fixed. It now is a positive benefit, I would not think of my C320
without one.

hope this helps
Cheers
Bruce Stanley C320 #1084 /Sydney Australia