[C320-list] Head faucet replacement/repair /name for an old 320

Nicholas Ward Nicholas_Ward at brown.edu
Mon Feb 11 11:19:11 PST 2008

I have an old 320 (the oldest) and last year the head  faucet sprung a
(?mulitple) leaks from underneath.  Perhaps I didn't get enough
anti-freeze in and it froze.  Anyway,  I have several questions - 1.  I
cannot figure out how to get the darn thing off.  You can't reach
anything from below and on top there is nothing to turn except the
faucet itself.  I'm tempted to start just twisting the whole faucet.
Any ideas??   2. If I get it off I might be able to seal the leaks.  If
not, I need to get a new one.  Whom do I contact at Catalina ?
Nick ward (hull #1)
PS - after a year of arguing with wives and  friend-co-owners, my boat
still doesn't have a real name. Just the working title/nick name it got
on the pickup voyage " Smelly Cat" (for obvious reasons)  Any thoughts
out there for a good name for Hull #1????