[C320-list] 320 Regatta in Annapolis - Governor's Cup

Bruce Stumpp bstumpp at comcast.net
Sun Feb 24 18:59:23 PST 2008

For those of you not familiar with the Maryland Governor's Cup race, 2008
will be the 35th running of the oldest and longest overnight sail race on
the Chesapeake Bay.  It is a full-out race down the Bay covering a 70-mile
course from the mouth of the Severn River in Annapolis, the modern capital
of Maryland, to St. Mary's City, that state's colonial capital. The race
starts at 6:00 PM and finishes early the next morning. This is a real
challenge through the night with upwards of 200 boats and many obstacles
such as fishnets, large commercial traffic, shallow waters, etc.  The C320IA
Regatta Friday dinner cruise aboard the 65-foot luxury yacht Cabaret II will
head out of the Severn River at 6:00 and should be able to catch the
beginning of the race.  We hope many of you will join us for the
festivities!

Bruce Stumpp
Adventure, #647
Frog Mortar Creek, MD