[C320-list] Testing c320-list restart

Sat Feb 9 12:05:46 PST 2008

Jeff,

No apologies required....there will always be folks that would rather cry, hold their breath and let everyone know how unhappy they are because something's not going the way they are used to instead of trying to do some self-service and fixing it for themselves. Nature will cull those from the heard....

Btw, I hear there's a port list on the 320's, is that true?  :)
----------------------------------
Regards,
OD

From: "Jeff Hare" [catalina at thehares.com]
Sent: 02/09/2008 10:21 AM
To: <C320-List at Catalina320.com>
Subject: Re: [C320-list] Testing c320-list restart

Bruce Walters: Feel free to pay your dues and re-Join the Catalina 320
International Association at any time.  :)

Ladies & gentlemen.
===================

    If you are unhappy with the content of this un-moderated list, I assume
that because you signed up on your own, you can *quietly* find the door on
your own.  Or better yet!  Contribute something interesting for us to
discuss!  :)

    I've apologized about all I can (and more than I should have to, really)
for the old list server going down recently.   It was simply beyond my
control.  Some other associations like the C30 still had their websites
hosted with them when they took our money and skipped town. Our website and
everything except the C320-list was moved out of there over a month ago.

   I've individually answered the 53 emails I've gotten asking when it's
going back online, so I assumed that you were all suffering from C320-List
withdrawal and tried to get it restarted quickly.  Re-adding people to the
new list server who were previously signed up on the old list was the best I
could do.  Nobody was added who wasn't already on the list but unfortunately
I couldn't reset everyone's personal preferences since I just don't have
that kind of time.

   For the 22 of you (out of 251 on the list) who had subscribed to the
digest version and were re-added as non-digest members, I'm terribly sorry
about that, but it won't take you but a few minutes to check off your
preference for Digest delivery. The website has new information for you to
help with these settings.  I'm still working to iron out a few kinks there.
(If you're having trouble as some have, just let me know **off-list** at
catalina at thehares.com and I'll solve that for you).

   Karl, Pat, Warren, Bruce, Allan, Rod and MANY other people are working
really hard to prepare new services and conveniences for this organization's
members that we hope you'll all like.  Look for some nifty new stuff coming
soon!

Cheers!
-Jeff

PS: Check out the improved list archive searching feature that's online now.
Not perfect, but much better than the old one.
http://lists.catalina320.com/pipermail/c320-list-catalina320.com/