[C320-list] Battery Charging

crashley at gte.net crashley at gte.net
Tue Feb 12 22:29:43 PST 2008

Warren,

The battery literature I've found says that the AGM and flooded marine
batteries use the same charge voltages since it's the same battery
chemistry, the difference being that the electrolyte is contained in a glass
mat as opposed to liquid form. And they are truly sealed never requiring
water to be added (which is maybe the main reason I went with them). As you
say, it also mentions that the AGMs are more sensitive to overcharge and
temperature compensation is recommended. Apparently the GEL cells are a
whole different animal.

Some links:

http://www.eastpenn-deka.com/default.aspx?pageid=468

http://www.vonwentzel.net/Battery/