[C320-list] Xantrex shore charger

Kirk McCullough kirk.mccullough at telus.net
Thu Feb 14 23:36:03 PST 2008

Myron

I bought the breakers based on a recommendation I got here on the 320 list.
They are "Bluesea" brand and I installed them today, they work fine so far.
Boomerang is hull #124 and is wired with 4 gauge for the DC side of the
charger, heavier than required by Xantrex. I suppose Catalina used different
wire sizes depending on the charger rating etc.

I had to trim down the 4 gauge Negative wire to the charger to get it to fit
the screw termination. On the Positive side I dropped down to 8 gauge after
the breakers so I could connect them directly to the Xantrex terminals.

I selected the breaker amp rating based on the recommendation in the Xantrex
manual. 25 amp for the 20Amp charger or 50 amp for  the 40 Amp charger.

Kirk