[C320-list] Xantrex shore charger

Fri Feb 15 15:23:22 PST 2008

Your wish will come true at the annual regatta as the crew of cuba libre 3
will be attending... :)
------Original Message------
From: Warren Updike
To: C320-List
ReplyTo: C320-List
Sent: Feb 15, 2008 1:22 PM
Subject: Re: [C320-list] Xantrex shore charger

[Sent by: c320-list-bounces at lists.catalina320.com ]
Jason, if you're buying a pre-owned 320 part of the inspection should
include the owners documents.  The 320 manual from Catalina will have
wiring
diagrams for both AC and DC circuits.  Depending on the hull no. of the
boat
you are considering, there is a different placement of battery switches
and
some other components.  However, it seems overall the approach is the
same.

A number of us, especially with the older hulls, have made significant
upgrades in the DC system mainly to accomodate a cruising lifestyle.
Since
retiring in 2004, the Admiral and I have been doing 3-4 week cruises here
on
the Chesapeake Bay.  I prefer to anchor and moor over taking a slip.  This
places added demands on the 12V power.  However, if you are weekend
sailing,
you may not need to do an upgrade.

So, you have found this 320 list and the web site.  All of this and more
are
discussed ad nauseum in both.  These are most valuable resources for a new
C320 owner and I encourage you to join our association as you will receive
in benefits over 100 times the annual cost.  You might even get to meet
Orlando.  I'm looking forward to it myself.

Will you disclose on this list your location and the hull number you are
considering?  I'd like to add your name to the list of possible attendees
our 2008 Regatta in Annapolis, MD.  We'll keep you informed of Regatta
related activities and you will be able to register and pay on our web
site.

I wish you to get a very low price on a very clean boat.  You'll enjoy the
320.  She sails well and is well found.

Warren & Pattie Updike
C320, #62, 1994, "Warr De Mar"
Frog Mortar Creek, Middle River